PatrickJr

Tips on fishing Upper Lake Mary?

Thanks everyone for your help! I am so excited to get up there and spend some quality time with my dad (in the cool temps!). I am pumped just thinking about catching a northern! We leave in the morning, and should get some fishing in tomorrow afternoon. I went a bought a dardevle and perch swimbaits, my dad also got some other minnows. We should be getting some frozen anchovies as well. We hope to be able to land some fish and hopefully a variety!

Thanks again to everyone who helped, another reason why this is such a great website!

OK, I'm gonna be straight up with you guys, I am very thankful for all of your help but you guys made it sound like if we threw these baits, the fish would be fighting over them! lol We fished the first afternoon in a boat that when it was getting dark and we wanted to go, the motor wouldn't start. We never got a bite! we fished the next morning until 1 from the shore and still didn't get a bite. maybe we were doing something wrong or the fish just weren't having it, but we got pretty discouraged. We later found more success killing prairie dogs and coyotes! We heard of one guy catching a 16 inch pike and a couple guys caught walleyes. Oh well, we had fun though. I cant even imagine how much that lake is worth with all those lures and baits stuck in those weeds!

My thoughts exactly, unless u are fishing with dynamite. Same goes with Hunting not killing.

^^^^^^ That is why it is called fishing and not catching ^^^^^^^^^^ Sometimes that is the way it goes ...

My thoughts exactly, unless u are fishing with dynamite. Same goes with Hunting not killing.

yeah i figured someone was going to say such! oh well, we had a good time. I was just saying that it sounded like there was going to be fish coming in from all over and we didnt get a bite. Thanks again guys! maybe next time we might have to fish together so you guys cans how me what im doing wrong

• Like 1

Thats also just lake mary, I don't know how many times iv gone there and done real well get all my buddies stoked on going then bam when I get them there were lucky to catch a lake mary clam. Its just right place right time I guess. Glad you still produced a fun trip!

• Like 2

OK, I'm gonna be straight up with you guys, I am very thankful for all of your help but you guys made it sound like if we threw these baits, the fish would be fighting over them! lol We fished the first afternoon in a boat that when it was getting dark and we wanted to go, the motor wouldn't start. We never got a bite! we fished the next morning until 1 from the shore and still didn't get a bite. maybe we were doing something wrong or the fish just weren't having it, but we got pretty discouraged. We later found more success killing prairie dogs and coyotes! We heard of one guy catching a 16 inch pike and a couple guys caught walleyes. Oh well, we had fun though. I cant even imagine how much that lake is worth with all those lures and baits stuck in those weeds!

From shore: heavy line but castable, 1 big sinker, 1 big hook, steel leader, 1 whole somewhat frozen anchovie threaded on hook. :) good luck and dont leave rod laying alone