Sign in to follow this  
Danm223

New to Coues/AZ/34a

duckhunter175 if you are hunting solo and want a partner I can probably join you on my days off and offer an extra pair of eyes and a helping hand if you bag one. it would probably help me learn the area better as well too.

Lot of new hunters this year! Just found this site after a google search for 34A. I am out of state, this is my 1st time hunting AZ and drew 34A Oct 22-29th hunt. I have someone that says they know the unit some, but would be nice to have some ideas myself when I fly in and not rely soley on him.

Like OP I am on the search for glass too. I have 8x42 and they work ok up here in Puget sound, but know that will be underpowered for the 34A unit as they were when I hit Eastern side of WA for muleys last year. Torn on 10x50 or 12x50..? thinking about the Vortex diamondback or anything else recommended in the $200-300 pricerange

I will agree with Duckhunter - just skimming the last 2 days I am very impressed with the willingness to share info and help each other out. As a new hunter I greatly appreciate that.

Danm223- Not hunting solo as of right now. Planning to drive in and meet an army buddy and his dad who has the same tag. Not sure how long they will be hunting for. I took leave for the whole season and then some, to make sure I have time to scout/get a plan; so we can definitely try to link up or at least share up to date info.

lamrith-- I have 10x40 Viper HDs and I am bringing a spotter. Seems like the majority favor the middle ground with 15x binos, which for a good pair will be over the budget you listed but will probably be invaluable on the hunt. If you have a cabelas nearby I scour their bargain cave for optics deals and there have been some good ones in the classifieds on here as well.

Great info thanks Duckhunter! Cabellas is 30min away, sportsmans is on my way home and Camo fire is on my phone all day long :-p

I will be out there all week sounds like family have hunted the unit before just not sure how much and I am not sure if they will get a chance to scout it preseason as they live in northern AZ and I am in WA.