Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

1st time deer hunter

Im going to be putting in my girlfriend for some deer hunts this fall. This will be her first time doing any kind of hunting, and let me tell ya....she is pumped!! I would like to get her hooked on whitetail right off the bat. Not asking for anyones secret spots or honey holes but I would like some good suggestions. She has said that she doesnt need a monster just an oppertunity at a buck. Im going to be putting in with my pops this year and he wants to do a mule deer hunt, so im trying to find her a deer hunt that wont interfere with mine. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

I'd recommend looking into some of the more southern units, staying away from the illegals as well. The more southern units typically hold a higher concentration of coues deer.

Find out where you want to hunt, what part of the state. Then call the wildlife manager for that area and ask them where to start looking. Actually, even better yet, go to azgfd.gov and go the unit where u want to hunt and it will tell you where to start looking for these awesome little critters.