hunter1026

Vortex razor 48x or 60x

I'm going to buy a vortex razor hd spotting scope and I'm torn between the 16-48x and the 20-60x I'm not worried about the extra weight. Alos how much diffrence is there between the razor and rhe viper? What are your guys thoughts on them thanks

I went with the 48 souly based on field of view. I don't carry binos most times backpacking so since the 48 has much better fov I gave up the 12x on power

Just to be contradictory. . . In a spotting scope I want all the x I can get. Especially when looking at goats or coues with little racks.

I have the 20-60x and LOVE it. I carry 10x Razor HD's as well so I like to have as much reach as possible with the spotting scope when I switch from my binos. If you want to look through the spotting scope in an outdoor scenario let me know. We could probably meet up somewhere. As for Viper vs Razor HD, they are honestly both great glass. Both give crystal clarity, but Razors have slightly better clarity out on the edges. Worth the extra money IMO, but if you went with the Vipers you'd be very happy.