Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays tomorrow morning (Sun, 8-9-15)

Heading to Ben Avery tomorrow to try out a new O/U I picked up yesterday if anyone wants to show up. I will be there a bit before 7:00 and shoot a couple rounds.

I am not much of a clay pigeon shooter, but should be a blast to try out.

Had a blast. I have only shot trap a fee times. Shot sporting clays today for the first time. Got some pointers from a rangemaster, and went on my way solo. I was behind a group of 3 guys who were shooting lights out, and they asked me to join them for the remainder of the course. I got some great pointers, and fo shooting a new gun at a sport I have never tried, they said I did very well. They were probably hitting 95%, and I think I was right around 75%.

I learned that the chokes I installed for dove season could be better chosen fpr clays. I had Imp. Modified and light modified. I think I will put in Imp. Cylinder and Skeet for my next trip. Those clays fly a lot faster than quail and dove.

• Like 2

Nice! My wife and I gave up our Sporting clays hobby for our girls softball. Most shooters will help a new shooter on the course. Glad they helped you out. Sounds like you held your own!