Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Bear Hunts

Why did the Dept screw up the bear hunts? Is this more of their opportunity / recruitment or is it because they want to stop killing bears?

Sept is far away the best month to chase them, yet all of the general hunts are now in August and October.

They moved all the Sept. hunts to archery only.

:angry:

I agree I was wondering y they would do that. I did not like how the harvest objective for 23s was only two bears...thats where i plan on being

Im hoping for a good bloom of prickly pear fruits....it aint looking good so far.......no rain

One thing I was told when I called to discuss the overlapping of the archery deer and elk hunts was that they were trying to align same-weapon hunts. I can only assume that this might be part of that decision.

Why did the Dept screw up the bear hunts? Is this more of their opportunity / recruitment or is it because they want to stop killing bears?

Sept is far away the best month to chase them, yet all of the general hunts are now in August and October.

They moved all the Sept. hunts to archery only.

:angry:

This is probably just what PETA recommeded or maybe they stood outside of the humane society and took a survey