COOSEFAN

16B Early Rifle Bull (New Mexico!)

Hey guys, my buddy is burning his 5B Bull tag and I found a 16B Early Rifle Bull tag for $4,500.00. I have not hunted 16B, but some of my favorite spots are very close to 16B so I have a general idea what the hunt may be like. As always, I'm not wanting to know where to go............I am curious if this hunt is worth the $5,300.00 .......? What's crazy is that the tags are almost twice that much just a few miles away! What you guys think? Too much? Thanks for your advice, JIM>

Jim, that's a great question. I know the surrounding units are known to have a few more big bulls than 16B, but probably not enough to matter. I've never hunted the Gila, but when comparing this NM tag to AZ bulls it might be like having a unit 8 bull tag instead of unit 10. Both great tags but one unit is preferred more than another. I also think 16B has more wilderness than the other Gila units making it more of a backpack hunt. Being that it's an early rifle tag for 16B that seems like a reasonable price. Will this hunt be for the Oct 6th hunt, or the Oct 20th hunt? I'm curious how the 5B tag compares to other units in the State? Does that unit even come close to the quality of the Gila? Hopefully some people who have hunted 16B or other Gila units can give more info...

[............I am curious if this hunt is worth the $5,300.00 .......? What's crazy is that the tags are almost twice that much just a few miles away! What you guys think? Too much? Thanks for your advice, JIM>

Jim, if they are throwing in a chance to shoot a piggie then I would say yes. :lol: :lol: Good luck hunting!

TJ

I just read through some New Mexico forums on 5B NM elk and it looks like a pretty bad unit. Go for the 16B tag...

Not sure if your buddy is talking about the landownder tag I have for sale or not? I think there are only about 5 of these this year. But I do have one of them for sale, this is a unit wide 16b rifle tag Oct. 13-17 tag. $4500.00. 505-388-0220

In 2006 the draw odds for a non resident in 16b was 5%.

There are some nice bulls in 16b every year, but they are not everywhere. Should be agood year this year with all the green feed. If you scout and hunt hard a guy can kill a 350-380 bull almost any year.

Not sure if your buddy is talking about the landownder tag I have for sale or not? I think there are only about 5 of these this year. But I do have one of them for sale, this is a unit wide 16b rifle tag Oct. 13-17 tag. $4500.00. 505-388-0220

There are some nice bulls in 16b every year, but they are not everywhere. Should be agood year this year with all the green feed. If you scout and hunt hard a guy can kill a 350-380 bull almost any year.

Thanks for the info guys! Brush Buster....your tag isn't the one I found but I will keep your number and see what happens, I appreciate your help! JIM>

Thanks for the info guys! Brush Buster....your tag isn't the one I found but I will keep your number and see what happens, I appreciate your help! JIM>

For anyone who has the cash to spare:

I want to sell this tag before it gets to late in the game. I lowered my asking price to $3950.00. Call 505-388-0220