Sign in to follow this  
swwildlife

Fees to be charged at Lee's Feery???

My family and I went to Less Ferry in April and fished with Mike Roth of Northern Arizona Guide Service. we had a great time and caught a lot of fish. when we got back to the dock we were greeted by a survey taker with the government. I just recently got the additional survey in the mail. the first part was the typical who you are and where you stayed and how much money you spent on the trip and how far did we travel. then the interesting questions. they gave me 3 different scenarios. 2 had to do with the quality and quantity of fish and flow rates. but the interesting part was each of them had added fees. and the 3rd was would not go. there were maybe 15 different scenarios and the common thing with all, "if the trip were XX number of dollars more would you still go"? these numbers were from 25.00 to 700.00. more.

Ive seen how these surveys work. they have already made up their mind and are going to raise fees they are just looking for justification and to say "look the people we surveyed said they would spend more" even though that is not how the question was worded.

I answered I would not go on any of the trips that had any added cost.

sorry for the rant. I hate to be manipulated!

Which govt agency asked you the questions?

Just another tax camo'd in the name of user fees.