Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 Pack...

Thanks for all the info everyone! Looks like I'll have to bump it up to the Ultra 3000 or Icon 3200.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Redman- Thanks for the pics! Really helps out a lot! One thing I like about the badlands 2200 are the dedicated tripod & spotting scope pouch on each side of the "wings". I think I would end up putting the tripod on the outside of the pack if I were to get the 1850. When taking the 2200 out in the field I rarely fill it up and always usually have plenty of space to spare, which is why I was considering going down to 1850 rather than up to 3200. I usually only pack Tripod, 15x Binos, Range finder, Tripod glassing chair, 10x Binos on harness, gps, Water bladder, Flashlight/Head lamp, knife, spare batteries, Spare mags, beanie and light jacket/sweater, and snacks. Just packing that usually leaves me a lot of room to fill up in the main part of the pack.

Now I don't know which one to get. :lol:

With the list you provided, the 1850 will not work.... the pictures of my pack does not include a bladder or any drinks in it... sure I think you could cram it all in.... but there is not a significant extra weight with to the 3200... my binos are 12x50 so 15x would take up more room..... GPS is my watch...

I agree with redman here. Wife uses the 1850 everyday on her hikes. It works for her only because she is packing out horns. I use the 1850 when checking cams or just hiking with her. 5200 all other times. You will be disappointed in the 1850 if you plan on packing all that in there. if you ever up in our neck of the woods and want to try or see the difference let me know. Lets put it this way our 7 year old is 80lbs and uses the 1850 of his own. fits his water badder and his tripod and a few snacks thats about it.

I might have to take you up on that, I would love to see the difference. I just don't head up to Payson very often. Maybe once or twice a year. Thank you for the offer!

I'm in Tucson if you want to see the ultra 3000

DM21- Sounds good. Maybe we can meet up sometime after this months hunts, if you're available?

Sounds good. I'll be hunting Friday-Monday. Let me know when you're free

Same here. I'll be leaving today after work and not be back until Monday. I might also be helping a buddy on his 33 Mule deer tag next weekend as well. I'll let you know.

Thanks man I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you on your hunt!

• Like 1