Manns520

White tail in Sawtooth mountains/Red Rock

I just moved out to the Redrock area about a year ago and was wondering how the white tail hunting is around the surrounding mountain area. Took my wife to explore the old SASCO motel in the summer and we saw 2 big deer run across the road and was wondering If there were some spots I should check out. Thank you!

• Like 1

Not a lot of Coues in that country. Plenty of pigs, and definitely mule deer, even sheep. Closest I have seen whitetails was In the foothills of the Tortolita's just south of the owl heads.

I am in the Sawtooths and Silverbell mountains on almost a daily basis for work. I have seen some great Muleys but haven't seen a Coues yet.

I live in Red Rock too btw. Welcome to the neighborhood.

• Like 1

I am in the Sawtooths and Silverbell mountains on almost a daily basis for work. I have seen some great Muleys but haven't seen a Coues yet.

Hey thanks I'll have to go out scouting and look for some Muleys.. How's the pig hunting out here id love to go

Hey thanks I'll have to go out scouting and look for some Muleys.. How's the pig hunting out here id love to go

There are a lot of pigs throughout the unit. I have the archery tag that starts in Jan. So hopefully I'll find them. I have seen 4 herds in the last week so odds are good. It can be a tough unit to hunt though especially in the flats. Let me know when you go scouting. Maybe we can get together.

• Like 1

Anyone seeing any quail? there used to be a bunch out there. It has been awhile

Yeah I've been seeing quite a few. Except when I'm hunting them lol.

There are a lot of pigs throughout the unit. I have the archery tag that starts in Jan. So hopefully I'll find them. I have seen 4 herds in the last week so odds are good. It can be a tough unit to hunt though especially in the flats. Let me know when you go scouting. Maybe we can get together.

That's awesome I missed the draw for pig but I'll definitely apply for the next one. I just harvested my first coues this Thanksgiving hunt and I have for sure caught the bug hahah. We should definitely get together and scout I wanna get to know this area.

• Like 1

That's awesome I missed the draw for pig but I'll definitely apply for the next one. I just harvested my first coues this Thanksgiving hunt and I have for sure caught the bug hahah. We should definitely get together and scout I wanna get to know this area.

FYI leftover HAM tags available for 37A.

Do I have to apply for those tags or can I get over the counter?

You can pick them up at AZGFD offices