Anyone know what happened to DEERSLAM? Always enjoyed his posts.......curious what happened to him. Hope he's OK. ;) JIM>

I was wondering the same thing just the other day. Time for this years Blacktail installment.

Buckhorn

Hey guys and gals,

I haven't been around much for a number of reasons, none bad. I started a new job on Jan. 2nd of this year working for the state of CA. as a Correctional Officer. I've been working a lot of hours. The prison I work at was built for 1700 inmates and we now house about 3500 dirtbags. What free time I have is spent with the wife and boys. Austin is 12 now and completed his hunter safety course this spring and I will be trying to get him his first buck this fall. Hunter is 8 and just likes tagging along. I've been taking them out coyote hunting and thinning the ground squirrel populations on some ranches and farms. I must admit that I have been spending some time on a couple other forums, one is strictly a predator/varmint site. As CouesWhitetail is mostly AZ residents the sites that I most frequent now are heavily Californians, no jokes please :P . I have meet a number of members and have some monthly get togethers 5 minutes from my house. I have also hunted predators, varmints and hogs with some of them. As far as this year goes I wasn't lucky at all on the draws, 0 for a whole lot. I did put in for mostly the most difficult to draw areas because of the lack of vacation time. As far as hunts, I'm going to try and hunt blktail and bear in CA. and mule deer in ID. I also have a free range Aoudad hunt scheduled for March '08 in NM.

Hope you are all well and God Bless, Mike

Mike

Good to hear from you. Glad all is well and wow has to be huge change from your previous job. Agian good to hear that you and your family are doing well.

Buckhorn

Hey guys and gals,

I haven't been around much for a number of reasons, none bad. I started a new job on Jan. 2nd of this year working for the state of CA. as a Correctional Officer.

Mike

Congrats on the new job. Are you working at the prison near the AZ border? I know a guy that works there named, Richard Palmer, that is also a Californian hunter. Anyhow, the world may, or may not, be that small..... Good luck with the new carreer.

CnS

So let me get this right, you traded us wonderful coues hunters in for some varmit/hog hunters???

Just kidden, glad to hear all is well. Don't forget about us. :P

The prison I work at is up by Sacramento. Just got off a 16hr shift...need some sleep cause I've got to be back at 2200 :(

No shortpants I wouldn't think about forgetting the fine folks at CouesWhitetail.com...great bunch. ;)

Jason, he wasnt trading us for carmint hunters... he basically said us Az residents arent as good as those cali guys... i mean we can carry handguns AND hunt mountain lions.... I see where he could get mad at us :D

Just kiddin'!

Hey Casey I can carry a handgun...a concealed handgun at that. As far a the lions...I wish. And you AZ residents are good people...except around application time :P