crazy4COUES

Auction Elk Tag filled ???

I hate to sound like a broken record, but.... I will any way. Hunters need to stand together. Auction hunts are the best thing ever for wildlife!!! They produce massive amounts of $$$$$$$ that benifit that species..... transplants, surveys, water projects, etc.... as well as local economies. There are definately two sides to this story... just like any other. I think that we should let the cards fall where they will before any judgement is passed.... there are alot of very reputable hunters/guides involved and I am sure that the truth will settle all the BS and mudslinging that is going on. In the mean time..... I, once again, suggest that we all focus on our cause and our passions.... before the Anti's slaughter us as we stand divided....again. :rolleyes: :unsure: <_<

Very well said CnS!!

If we hunters won't police ourselves, who will?

Sweeping things like this under the rug in the name of being united is wrong.

I don't give a rip about the auction tag, how much it cost, or how much the money the buyer has, it's none of my business, but it's still supposed to be a "hunting permit", not shooting fish in a barrel. IMO, the tape measure and scoring sheets have done much more to harm huntings image in the general public, than any guy with a fat wallet.

Why was it so important to kill this elk is such close proximity to a building? Did it never leave this area? If so, I could imagine that it was not really all that scared of humans.

Desertbull,

My feeling's exactly.The all mighty score is hurting the image of hunting .I never have thought hunting was a sport .It has always been more of a family tradition.It is becoming just like football,basketball.etc.Were money is corrupting it.And to all of you that say get over it.(This is a discussion forum). Besides I have nothing better to do since not getting drawn for whitetail for the first time in 34 years.(I have always put in second choice for the oct. or nov. hunt).These hunts never filled,but they do now.Shooting my bow now.

Noel

Guest DWO
Desertbull,

My feeling's exactly.The all mighty score is hurting the image of hunting .I never have thought hunting was a sport .It has always been more of a family tradition.It is becoming just like football,basketball.etc.Were money is corrupting it.And to all of you that say get over it.(This is a discussion forum). Besides I have nothing better to do since not getting drawn for whitetail for the first time in 34 years.(I have always put in second choice for the oct. or nov. hunt).These hunts never filled,but they do now.Shooting my bow now.

Noel

the bull had the same patern every day, if the hunter had waited the bull would have gone back into the natioal forest the same way he did every day.the other thing is the bull was finished off closer to the homes than the first shot was(320 yards) Dean Linne, fromlake side, and myself have stood in that exact same meadow before it was sold off into 5 acre plots.his best friend was there helping out , but he was up in the forest looking for the bull, for the hunter. he was unaware of what was taking place at the time. he actually helped load the animal up. the story i'm getting from Dean is, the azfg guy was watching from a long distance away? the tag needs to continue for the elk herds sake, and i , like the rest of you wish i had the money to buy that tag. no matter what, last day of the season or any other reason, i would not be able to look in the mirror if i took that majestic bull that way, just for me personally. The guides there should have their license yanked without a doubt. the animal is at majestic tax, being preserved.DWO