Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

Unit 32 December Hunt

I haven't posted much on this site, but I have been "registered reader" for a few years now. I was lucky enough to draw a Unit 32 December tag this year, and I don't know where to hunt. I was hoping you guys might help me out a little. I am looking at 2 different areas to do a backpack hunt. I have hunted in the Winchesters several times for different game, and have taken 2 small Coues out of there in the past few years. I usually hunt the southern end of the range, but for this hunt I was looking into hunting north of Riely Canyon. I have hunted my usualy spots in the December archery season but I have never seen a nice Coues buck. I am not looking for a monster, but I would like to tag a good buck. The other area I am looking at is the Galiuro Wilderness. I have never hunted in there, but I have hunted China Peak a couple of times. Do these areas get a lot of pressure during the December hunt? I am looking for any info or advice on hunting these or any other areas in December. I will be packing in to do some scouting the end of September. Will the deer change location much between then and my hunt? We like to pack in for 3-5 days at a time, but can go longer if needed. Any help would be great. Thanks!