HNTNGUY

Which LR scope do I buy?

Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP XLR MOA for the money and the quality it's hard to beat same exact scope on my 3 goto rifles from 100 yards to a thousand yards it'll do the job

• Like 1

Since we still don't have a price range from the OP, hard to give an answer.

Vortex Viper HS LR are good for the money, but nowhere near the Nightforce NXS, which is nowhere near the Kahles K624i, which is closer, but still not a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56, which is close but still not a Hensoldt. $800, $2200, $3000, $4500, $7000. Leaps and bounds difference in price, but the higher you get, the less noticeable differences to the masses. But the differences are definitely there if you spend a LOT of time behind the rifle.

• Like 1

Since we still don't have a price range from the OP, hard to give an answer.

Vortex Viper HS LR are good for the money, but nowhere near the Nightforce NXS, which is nowhere near the Kahles K624i, which is closer, but still not a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56, which is close but still not a Hensoldt. $800, $2200, $3000, $4500, $7000. Leaps and bounds difference in price, but the higher you get, the less noticeable differences to the masses. But the differences are definitely there if you spend a LOT of time behind the rifle.

Wow, just looked at some of the scopes you listed. I thought NF was the king of the mountain... Shows how much I know

check out calguns.net, accurate shooter or longrangehunting. They have NF often and at times good deals. I would look at the zero stop in NF series. I picked up a Gunwerks NF version from a member here and yet to shoot it, it is sitting waiting on the barrel to arrive for my new 7mm 195 berger rifle.

For $1800, here would be my considerations (not in any particular order):

Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 W. SCR

SWFA SS HD 5-20x50

Athlon Cronos 4.5-29x56

Vortex Razor Gen I 5-20x56

Kahles Gen II K624i 6-24x56 (the Gen III is out, but costs more)

Burris XTR II 4-20x50 or 5-25x56

Sightron SIII FFP 6-24X56

Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21X50

Good choice. Amazing what scopes can cost today. Back in the 60's you could buy a 427 Corvette for less the a Schmidt & Bender.

• Like 1