Sign in to follow this  
JohnFriddle

Hunting Dog for New Placement

I have a 9 month old, female, not spayed, semi-trained Treeing Tennessee Brindle/Lab mix that needs a new home. Here is a brief history of the breed:

History[edit]

The Treeing Tennessee Brindle's development began in the early 1960s with the efforts of Reverend Earl Phillips. Because of a column he was then writing in a hunting dog magazine, Phillips became aware of the existence of brindle curs—hunting and treeing dogs with brown coats, "tiger-striped" with black. He contacted their owners and fanciers, discovering that the type was highly regarded for its abilities, and in 1967 contacted them again to form an organization to "preserve and promote" the brindle cur.[1] The Treeing Tennessee Brindle Breeders Association was established in Illinois on March 21.[1] Foundation stock was obtained from various locations in the United States, particularly those between the Ozarks and Appalachian Mountains.[1] The Treeing Tennessee Brindle's records have been maintained through the American Kennel Club's Foundation Stock Service Program since 1995.

Let me tell you about her. Her name is Valley. She was given to us at 7 weeks of age. She is up to date on her shots.

Pros: Very smart, eager to learn, loves humans and wants to be by your side, leash and harness trained, can sit, shake and lay down, she plays fetch, been squirrel hunting and has no fear of gunshots and has been fed top quality food since puppy age so she is excellent shape.

Cons: She doesn't like little dogs. At all. She has never shown a bit of aggression to a human but she just doesn't like small dogs. She also has a problem with submissive urinating. She is a pleaser and if she feels like she's in trouble she will squat and pee. I have tried so many training techniques but she just hasn't stopped. The vet says she will probably grow out of it by a year of age.

We really love this girl but we just can't keep her. We have 2 older, small dogs and she just can't get along with them. She is still a puppy and wants so desperately to be loved and be trained. She is the kind of dog that with a little training will be a huge part of your family for the rest of her life.

Please contact me if you're interested. I will be somewhat particular about her new home. I want the best for her.

Thanks.

post-658-0-90609800-1459269631.jpg

post-658-0-03403600-1459269668.jpg

• Like 1

Original poster here. We are still looking for a new home for Valley. I would be willing to bring her to you or meet somewhere if you live far from me. We just want her to have a better life. Please consider giving Valley a good, stable home.

Thanks again.

Beauty of a dog. How is she with larger dogs like labs or goldens? Is she a swimmer or not afraid of water?