Sign in to follow this  
trophyhunter

Scope tube size

Hey guys. I talk to guys that swear by the one inch and than other swear by the 30mm. I know that the 30mm gives you more room for adjustments and allows more light to pass through. I know the 1" will be lighter, that's about it. Also heard that the 1" only has one spring for adjusting both the windage and elevation. The 30mm has one for each elevation and windage making them more precise when turning the knobs, so i heard. Some say a 30mm is exactly 1/4" click and a 1" could be way off from a 1/4" per click. Chasing the bullet at the range. Reason asking is my brother has a zeiss conquest with a 1" tube and a someone offered to buy it from him. I said sale it and buy a 30mm, ziess. I have a chrony and use the Point Blank (and another one) trajectory calculator. With my 1" scope I just use the hold over. Is it just as accurate for my brother to get the turrets put on or sale the 1" and get a 30mm? How accurate are those turrets?

Not sure about the turret accuracy or the rest of your questions, but I've always preferred the 30 mm for light gathering, epecially in low light conditions. I always go with the 30mm if available.

I've got the 1". My brother has the 30mm. Our 6.5-20's seem comparable in accuracy. Not sure the price difference, but you can't go wrong with the 30mm I guess