Sign in to follow this  
longshooter

Leupold Wind River SEQUOIA 15-45X60

Better yet.... How bout you tell us your oppinion of that scope. :D Beings that you already own it...

I have a fixed 30 power Leupold and I like using it for backpacking and my son uses it alot. Pretty good glass. :)

I have owned this scope before....it was decent. I paid like $300 at the time and now you can get it for $260. I liked it alot especially better then any of the bushnells/winchesters

I think you will be happy with it

I have owned this scope before....it was decent. I paid like $300 at the time and now you can get it for $260. I liked it alot especially better then any of the bushnells/winchesters

I think you will be happy with it

I now have Ryan's spotting scope and I really like this one! It is real easy to use, and I use it a lot!

I will let you guys now next weekend after I go out scouting. Going to be interesting because only thing a have to compare it to is a swarovski HD. I figured for under $300 bucks you cant go wrong and it does seem like a good light weight packing scope

I own one. I've only had it for a year now but it gets the job done for sure.

well looks like i will be taking back the leupold spotting scope and getting a vortex nomad instead. I went to the outdoorsmans and did a comparison and the vortex is the way to go. I even compared the Leica and swarovksi to the vortex side by side and the vortex is hard to beat for the money.

What's the Vortex cost? It doesn't matter to me what you buy but most look great in the store (if you know what I mean). Good luck and let us know how you like it.

I just bought a Leupold Wind River SEQUOIA 15-45X60 spotting scope. Whats your guys opinions on this scope ?

I am new to this forum but excited to be a part of it. I have owned the Windriver Sequoia spotting scope for two years. I am sorry to say that I am dissapointed with it. I was excited about this product as i like the windriver line of binoculars. This scope i'm sorry to say is worthless after about 30 power. Heatwaves and focusing become a serious problem. I have called the manufacturer thinking the scope was defective. I was told that this is common at the higher power. I say, "Bull!!!" My brother-in-law bought the same scope knowing that I had done my homework. He is upset as well, same problem! I know this is post-purchase for you and sorry if it takes the wind out of your sails. But let me know if you scope has the same problem.

What's the Vortex cost? It doesn't matter to me what you buy but most look great in the store (if you know what I mean). Good luck and let us know how you like it.

It cost under $400 and the only place I have found that carries them is the outdoorsmans.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/spotting_scope...d_straight_60mm

Sorry about my previous post. New and didn't read all the posts before commenting on a product I was unhappy about. I see you traded for the Vortex. I know Vortex warranties their product better than most despite the cost. The outdoorsman staff speaks highly of the line. Hope your happy with your switch!!!! By the way, why where you unhappy?