Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Left over tags on sale June 23rd

In case anybody is interested leftover tags are going on sale. I might get a stink pig I am not sure yet. Only 7 elk licenses for mobility impaired hunters up north.

Here is a list of available licenses:

news-06_06_2016-hunting-press-release-le

awsome, I'm hoping to get muzzy tag back in my home state and my old coues grounds. Hopefully they don't sell out in the 1st 24 hours and let us out-of-staters a crack at them

For residents it starts on the 22nd so I put the 23rd for anybody to buy. Go to www.wildlife.state.nm.us for all the particulars and make sure you have your ducks in a row. Then wait for the web site to crash from everybody logging in. I screwed up and put mule deer as my first choice so that is what I drew as they had about 90 left over tags. Oh well in the woods with a bow in hand beats being at home.

For residents it starts on the 22nd so I put the 23rd for anybody to buy. Go to www.wildlife.state.nm.us for all the particulars and make sure you have your ducks in a row. Then wait for the web site to crash from everybody logging in. I screwed up and put mule deer as my first choice so that is what I drew as they had about 90 left over tags. Oh well in the woods with a bow in hand beats being at home.

Did you get a unit 23 bow tag?

Are there javelin a in unit 23 ?

Are there javelin a in unit 23 ?

Great unit for stink pigs. Lots in the southern portion of the unit

Cool.

Thanks.

Yeah I have a bow tag for mule deer in 23. Last year I had the Coues tag after having 3 bucks the previous year 30 yards from me with a ML tag for mule deer in another unit. So last year no Coues but 5 mule deer 30-50 yards. So this year I am guaranteed not to see mule deer but Coues again. I try to elk hunt the few elk in that unit at the same time but I got my third choice elk over in unit 17.

Only time I was in the boot hill area was about 30 years ago when I helped put water guzzlers together for the desert bighorns. It was Nov. quail season so I had birds on the mind.

27 is a unique unit. Great for coues, figuring out how to get around the private land to get into public land can be the issue.