Sign in to follow this  
coueschaser3

Thru Bino pics???

Hey yall, im new to the whole digital camera thing and been playing around with one takin pictures of whitetails and i seem to have problems gettin the auto focus right and end up with a slightly blurry pic. Im currently using a set of 16x60 pentax pcf's. as im focusing i can see it focus right but it will end up focusing with it slightly blurry. any ideas or should i try finding a manual focus on the camera? thanks.

hmm, not sure, i tried it for the first time a month ago when scouting, get your binoculars the clearest you can for yourself, then let your camera do the rest to adjust itself, if the picture on the lcd looks blurry, adjust your binoculars to where the camera is taking them clearly

I ran into that problem taking pictures with my camera and spotting scope. I would finely focus the scope, then the autofocus on the camera would change it, and the pic would be blurry. What I had to do was hold down the button on my camera half way, so that it would auto focus, then I would use the dial on the scope and focus it. Worked ok, just a hassle.

Usually, when you are just holding the camera, it will be all the way zoomed in, and any amount of hand shake will make it blurry. it is the only way I have to take pictures, and it can be tricky!

Thanks alot ill try it, im heading back out wednesday. I didnt really have to fully zoom the camera but i kind of figured out a few tricks to keepin the camera still. i never did think of adjusting the bino's, but of course everyones eyes are different and the camera probably likes a sweet spot on the focus somewhere. Ill post some pics when i get back i already got some interesting ones ill see if they improve, hopefully some bears and nice whitetails will be on em. thanks again.

-Tim