Sign in to follow this  
justanotherpunk

sako forester varmint .243 ai

I'm helping my father sell some of his babies. This being the first of many to come. This is a sako forester varmint now chambered in .243 ai. this is a pre garcia rifle (bofors steel barrel). the stock has marks from field use but nothing to nasty. bluing on the barrel, action and floor plate are very nice. Rifle is in nice shape but is not a safe queen. rifle has an extremely nice action that has seen little use (pretty close to new). Does not have factory butt plate instead is wearing a remington butt pad that has been properly trimmed and fitted to the stock.

Factory heavy barreled. Chamber reamed to Ackley improved. Factory trigger has been worked and is amazing. Action is bedded and barrel floated. 11 degree target crown. Have rcbs competition dies made to this chamber. No optics but will include the rings. 130 pieces of new winchester brass. Has been shot very little since built as my fathers disability has allowed very little room for him to continue building or shooting.

You can still shoot regular old .243 ammunition out of it but if you aren't a reloader this probably isn't for you. There are no factory loaded rounds available. The brass has to be fire formed and reloaded to take full advantage of this rifle. However it is still very accurate with factory .243 ammunition. (for those familiar, sorry for this info being included)

$700 obo. I have the photos available if requested.

call text or pm with any questions

pat

ph:520 threesixnine 9080

post-1750-0-09750300-1466833568.jpg

post-1750-0-69298700-1466833579.jpg

post-1750-0-12688300-1466833593.jpg

post-1750-0-69583100-1466833607.jpg

post-1750-0-03385100-1466833617.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful, and unfortunately (or fortunately) I have other plans, but man: Great Rifle, great price!

Good luck with the sale,

If you have other SAKOS wait till August to post them, I'll be back by then,,

Deal fell thru. This rifle is not a collector grade firearm. It is meant to be used and hunted with. I've modified the original post to reflect the miscommunicated information about the condition of the rifle. If it was factory untouched it wouldn't be for sale at this price. PMs have been sent to the other interested parties. Sorry for the inconvience.

Rifle is back up for sale price is dropped to $700. Rifle, 130 pieces of new winchester brass about half if which is primed and ready for powder and bullets, rcbs competition dies cut to this rifles chamber, and medium height leupold rings.

This cartridge will push a 55 gr bullet over 4,000 fps and 100 gr bullet over 3,200 fps. Perfect for hammering the snot out of the dogs or for knocking down a buck.

Pm sent