Str8Shot

What feature would you like on your GPS.

You guys should give Avenza PDF Maps a try. Its a free app that works with smartphones/tablets that allows you to use your device like a GPS. You do not need a signal and it even works on airplane mode. I make unit specific maps for $10 and once you buy them they are yours forever. The PDF Maps app records waypoints, and tracks just like a GPS and includes the metadata like time, date, and really any other attribute you care to log. You can also use it to plot stalks, measure distance, and log photos with your waypoints. When you want to look at the data its all easily exportable to Google earth.

post-14524-0-65732300-1467225484_thumb.jpg

User Interface

If you wnat to try it out, first install the Avenza PDF Maps app to your device.

Then download an AZ GMU map for the PDFMaps app here.

Here is a tutorial on how to get the maps from your PC to your Device via dropbox

• Like 1

You guys should give Avenza PDF Maps a try. Its a free app that works with smartphones/tablets that allows you to use your device like a GPS. You do not need a signal and it even works on airplane mode. I make unit specific maps for $10 and once you buy them they are yours forever. The PDF Maps app records waypoints, and tracks just like a GPS and includes the metadata like time, date, and really any other attribute you care to log. You can also use it to plot stalks, measure distance, and log photos with your waypoints. When you want to look at the data its all easily exportable to Google earth.

attachicon.gifPDFMaps.jpg

User Interface

If you wnat to try it out, first install the Avenza PDF Maps app to your device.

Here is a tutorial on how to get the maps from your PC to your Device via dropbox

I successfully used Avenza until I finally bought a Rhino 650...Its just hard to beat a Garmin GPS with the Hunt AZ map chips..Avenza is legit though and works really well even shows some water tanks.

attachicon.gifPDFMaps.jpg

User Interface

Took your advice...
  • Like 1