Sign in to follow this  
westernhunter23

Kuiu Teton Rain Gear

Does anyone have any feedback on the Teton Rain Gear? Been reading on other forums that it feels a little brittle and may not be was great in the brush. Any feedback on quality and performance? Thanks!

I have the jacket and pant. I feel like for the price point it will serve the purpose when that time comes. It's super light packs down well and is always in my pack as protection from the unexpected rain storm. It is lightweight but I'd say the quality is there for what it is. I definately it would get damaged is blasting through thick brush but I don't intend on doing that if its raining enough to wear it. I wore the jacket once so far and walked 200 yards to check a camera in the rain and it was fairly warm out. It kept me dry but it was starting to get little steamy.

Haven't used the Kuiu Teton but if you want light and packable I think the Kryptek Poseidon is a great value. Easy to find a set on the 'bargain' websites and it packs down tight. I've worn it several times during all day sits in the treestand here in KY during drizzle and outright rain and it stayed dry. Should be able to find it for $100ish per piece (top/bottom)