Huntnchick

Tell me about Girl hunters

I am convinced that families that hunt are stronger. My wife and kids all hunt except the 2yr old but he will. My wife never hunted before but now loves it and is genuinely upset when she doesn't draw tags. She now gets "it" and understands why I need to get out As she goes with except for backpack type hunts. In fact, most of the hunts I've done since meeting her have been her hunts and I love it! Don't get me wrong tho, I love the hard core hunts where I work my butt off but the hunts with family are a ton of fun so I think it's a good balance...

• Like 4

Congrats to you on Wanting to be a hunter and raise your kids that way as well. I don't think it matters "how" you do it... it only maters that you do it and love it.

My life likes to hunt and loves to kill big critters, she isn't flashy about it, will rarely talk about it to others (brag), She isn't a "Look at me person", she has limited patients at times, she isn't into hunts that are brutal because it takes the fun out of it, she loves the camaraderie of a hunt camp filled with family and friends, but when she hunts she wants it to just be her and I....

I know a lotta women hunters who do it their way and are not flashy about it.... I think it is Awesome!

post-996-0-71884400-1471028477_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-47312700-1471028543_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-22921200-1471028652_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

My two ladies love to hunt and we've had some great times. To date, their hunting adventures have been mostly with me although my daughter took an elk with my friends helping because I was helping my wife on the same hunt. They both have deer tags and cow elks tags this year, hoping for more success in the field this year. But either way, the memories will last a lifetime. They prefer to rifle hunt, but last year my daughter did manage to take a javelina with a bow. An archery animal had eluded her for quite some time.

I just don't get the women shouldn't hunt mentality, my wife's a monster, practically unstoppable in the field.

I do try to isolate family tags so I can help and give my family my full atention on their hunts. I apply solo for my stuff or with a friend.

• Like 1

This is all great to hear and see. I have identical girls n am hoping that at least one of them will want to come out hunting with me one day. I think it is such a great opportunity to spend time with your children in the outdoors. Teaches them alot. Already got them excited about fishing. The seed is planted. :)