Huntnchick

Tell me about Girl hunters

I am a girl new-hunter, wife of a raised hunter, and mom of two young kids. I have only been hunting for 6 years and grew up an indoor city girl. I have no friends that hunt. This town the men hunt and the girls have babies. Everyone thinks I am weird that I like this stuff. My kids are 4 and almost 2. So in the 6 years I have hunted... I have been pregnant or young babies majority of it.

how does the girl hunter you know, hunt? Alone, husband, friends, with kids or other family members? Do they ever camp alone to hunt or how do they do it?

Any stories or pictures! I just need ideas.

• Like 9

First of all great job being yourself. I love being different. Funny how at a dinner with suits and ball gowns everyone wants to talk about riding mules in the wilderness, or running a triathlon. My daughter loves to hunt but she does rely on old dad to do all the footwork to get her a tag and plan the hunt. She will saddle and ride her own horse though. The other ladies I know hunt in groups with their husbands or boyfriends and their wives. Mostly cow elk hunts. Just do some networking and help out on other ladies hunts or maybe even put in with other ladies through this site and others. By all means hunt any way you can, also get your story out there when you do, trust that it will inspire others like yourself. Lastly don't go postal and start selling your ex mans stuff or you will have a tuff time making friends. (Inside joke) shouldn't be too tuff to find some interesting characters to help out if you draw a tag of some kind.

• Like 5

My wife and daughter both hunt. Both of them started with a cow elk. My wife when we were 17 and my daughter when she was 11. We hunt a lot as a family or with other families. My wife has been on many hunts over the last 20 years as the only woman in camp. She has also packed out more elk meat than some grown men ever will!!! Oh ya, and both of them shoot better than me :)

• Like 3

My wife is fairly new to hunting but is 100% on board. She first drew a whitetail tag a couple of years ago. We had a fantastic time together even though she didn't get her deer. I'll let this video tell the story of her second hunt.

She has enjoyed it more and more each time, but says her favorite part is just being alone together for days at a time without the distractions of life and a little break from the kids.

My next little huntress is about to turn 8 but can't wait for it to be her turn!

post-6408-0-15805900-1470322987.png

• Like 6

My wife doesn't hunt. I wish she would. But both of my daughters hunt. One is now 25, and the other is 14. Both of thwm have taken elk and javelina. My oldest has an archery sheep and deer too. Both have hunts this year, elk and deer. The younger has a riflw cow and late rifle deer. The oldest has a late rifle bull hunt. They both shoot a lot of small game and birds too.

Unfortunayely, kost of my older daughter's hunts were before digital cameras.

We usually hunt as a family, but my older daughter goes with her husband, who she actually got him into hunting.

20141130_103528_zpsb91e2571.jpg

022_zps2af843ef.jpg

20150429_203413_zpsc1ya2hiu.jpg

20150429_202907_zps0a4olewn_edit_1430366

2015-09-12%2010.49.06_zps0dlh8jhw.jpg

20150905_082601_zps6n3caxmd.jpg

• Like 13

I introduced my wife a few years after marriage. Started with just 3d archery and moved up to archery javelina and she was hooked on her first day when she missed. She only hunts big game, same as my daughter.

post-5912-0-28475300-1470318873_thumb.jpg

post-5912-0-36516600-1470318919_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Im trying to get my wife into hunting. I got her a bow 2 Christmas's ago and she actually enjoys shooting and does pretty well for the little she shoots. I put her in for rifle deer this last go around and everyone but her got a tag, kinda funny but she was alittle bummed. I told her next year hopefully she will be the only tag if not one or 2 more and we can spend more time on her's " we drew 8 this year" Im hoping to put her in for javalina and letting her chase one with her bow. If it wasn't so cold on the mountain id let her sit the stands but I think after a weekend of that I wouldn't have a wife anymore. Ill tell ya what though even the thought that she thinks about actually going with us and giving it a shot is awesome. Hope she likes it as much as you guys being newly weds It could be a great Passion to share.

My wife had never even seen a firearm in person before we met.

She was on board with camping, hunting and fishing from the start. She shoots better than me and has taken better/bigger deer and elk than me.

My now 12yo daughter loves to the outdoors just like her mama. She took her first cow elk last October.

My 6yo son cannot wait for his turn behind the rifle on a hunt.

For our family it is a lifestyle. ALL of our vacation planning revolves around what hunts we get drawn for.

My kids would rather go hunting for deer/elk than go to Disneyland.

Needless to say the women in our family hunt and help decide what hunts we apply for as a family.

• Like 3

My wife does not go out of her way to go hunting, but she enjoys the time spent with me and family. ( at least she says she does)

As my children get older and start to move out of the house, I'm sure we will spend more time hunting together. It is fairly hard when you have young children.

Here is a bull she killed when we were first married, For some reason I can not find a field photo.

100_0423.jpg

IMG00173-20091219-1153.jpg

photobucket-18970-1319818369389.jpg

IMG_20150609_093744959_zpsntxisyh6.jpg

• Like 5

First, big kudos to you, and all the other women mentioned, for opening yourself up to hunting and the outdoors. I don't have daughters and my wife doesn't hunt. She is ok with me hunting and loves the meat. I have been involved with a lot of youth hunts, boys and girls, and a lot of large church campouts providing archery, shooting, nature hikes, campfires, etc... I truly see a difference between girls/women that hunt and spend time in the outdoors. They seem more in touch with reality, the REAL cycle of life and death, and have more confidence in themselves...stronger. I think it helps that young lady when the "wolves" start circling. I love it when a girl out hikes, or out shoots a boy. You can see the accomplishment in her face and posture.

• Like 3

Just got my family through hunters ed hope for many stories to come. I hope my daughter finds the love for it and i finally got my wife to just spend time glassing this summer and I can tell she is hooked

If they don't don't hold it against them. I never could get either kid to fish and only my daughter to hunt big game only. My son had no want for it. Loves to eat it and loves the outdoors just has no killer instinct.

• Like 1

My wife does not go out of her way to go hunting, but she enjoys the time spent with me and family. ( at least she says she does)

As my children get older and start to move out of the house, I'm sure we will spend more time hunting together. It is fairly hard when you have young children.

Here is a bull she killed when we were first married, For some reason I can not find a field photo.

100_0423.jpg

IMG00173-20091219-1153.jpg

photobucket-18970-1319818369389.jpg

IMG_20150609_093744959_zpsntxisyh6.jpg

You're so lucky dude... for reals..

• Like 1

That's awesome you like to hunt. My wife and 2 daughters like to hunt, my wife has also shot a bison. Hunt at your own pace, but always have a hunting partner for safety, and that would be who you choose. Bring your supplies and warm gear. My wife and girls like to just be one of the crew with equal respect. Establish your own hunting ethics, not ones of others, and always enjoy the whole of the great outdoors. You'll do just fine. Then when your kids grow up you will experience a whole no feeling of life with them.