Sign in to follow this  
Blakehanley

STICK BOW

What recurve should I start with there are so many options out there. I don't want to buy an expensive bow and find out I am just not dedicated enough to practice or just plain stink and shooting without a sight. Maybe some one can point me in the right direction.

I have been looking at the bear grizzly probably 45# draw but near $400 still seams a little steep to me being only a stick and string.

Ive been shooting compounds since I was 8 but want to try traditional for a bit. What do you guys/ gals think

I would look at stalker stick bows or charron

http:/http://charronarchery.com

/stalkerstickbows.com/

I would avoid cheap recurves. Would you buy the cheapest compound avalible then chalk poor groups to "not being dedicated enough"

If your looking to give it an honest go put down the compound and focus on traditional gear. Get coaching and work at it. "Any thing worth doing is worth overdoing"

• Like 2

i bought an old ben pearson on ebay for $50, just so i could shoot a trad bow, and get the feel of it.

then i'll be able to plunk down more coin on what i really want. i just need to shoot something for a while, so i can know what i "really" want.

i don't think 4 hundo is too much for a well made bow.

if you were making bows, what would you charge?

i'd probly charge, like 5 grand a piece. good thing i don't make bows, lol.

• Like 1

Another option would be getting a less expensive ILF riser so you can change limbs. Hoyt Excel riser and limbs are popular or anything Trad Tech. Get a 30-35 lbs. set of limbs to start and move up. With limbs that low in weight you can get some cheap aluminum arrows to shoot also.

Guest oneshot

Samick Sage makes trad Bows with inter-changable limbs, so you can get lighter limbs to learn, then up poundage to hunt, great Bows, many options/low cost...

eBay for best deal...