Sign in to follow this  
Jerimeister

New coues deer hunter

Hi everyone, I got drawn for a late October unit 22 coues deer hunt for this year. I am a new coues deer hunter and was wondering if I could get some tips on coues deer in this unit. I have a couple of spots already, but I am struggling to find more spots. I want to get away from people so hiking one or two miles in for me is not a problem. I do not want to steal anyone's hunting spots, I just wanna get pointed in the right direction. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Like I said before, I do not want to steal anyone's hunting spot. I want to try find my own spots. I also wanted to know where to look for coues deer (north facing hillsides, inside canyons, etc.) at certain times of the day. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

North side facing hills near consistent water sources with a good pair of binos. Unit 22 is one of the most easily accessed units in the state due to the highway so just find the above mentioned and glass them all and you will find animals and other hunters. Its vague but honestly it will work.

• Like 1

Two things I always look for in a new area. Quality glassing spots and water. Go on Google earth and find areas with both of these things then glass, glass, glass and glass some more! Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

Game and fish really gives some solid places to start. Go to those places and hike away from the roads and glass. You will find deer. Good luck!

• Like 1