Sign in to follow this  
PowellSixO

Any CWT guys fish the Wild West Bass Trail???

I'm just curious to see if any of you guys fish the Wild West Bass Trail. My buddy and I are considering coming down to fish the last three tournaments and the championship if we qualify. We wanted to make the first tournament on Pleasant, but it's during my uncles cow hunt, and I already committed to helping him get his cow. How are the tournaments? Are they worth coming down and fishing? Thanks.

Jake

I don't fish them but several teams from Kingman do and they really enjoy it. The field size and payback make them better than the average circuit.

I don't fish them but several teams from Kingman do and they really enjoy it. The field size and payback make them better than the average circuit.

That's what I've been thinking. It's the same entry fee as the other tournaments I've been doing, but with more boats and bigger payouts. I talked to the tournament director, and it looks like we'll be able to qualify for the championship even with 3 events, as long as we place half way decent in all of them. Looks like I'm headed to Lake Mohave in January. :) I've never fished there, I'm excited. I love fishing new water.

If anyone is fishing them, it'd be nice to maybe talk you about renting a house for the events. If enough guys can get in on the rental it sure makes for a more enjoyable trip (good company, someone to share fishing patterns with, easy place to plug your boat in, and home cooked meals), plus it saves a little on the pocket book if done right. Me and my partner (Bob 62 years old and retired, and myself 33 years old) aren't too wild, and are decent company. Plus we're pretty good sticks too, not to toot our own horn. If anyone is interested pm me or give me a call or text @ four3five-six6eight-9five9seven.

Jake