Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

Custom m70 .280 Ackley. ((((((((Price drop)))))))

I have been thinking about selling this gun for a while now because I just don't have the time to mess with it. I got this gun in a trade a few years ago with the idea that I would put it in a new stock and turn it into a long range coues gun. That was before we had our son and I had more time to spend tinkering with guns.

Even though I never got to complete my project, I still used the gun on several hunts and let some friends shoot it also.

It has taken coues at 618yds and 529yds. Elk at 629yds and 580yds. All were 162gr amax. All but one elk were one shot kills with no tracking.

I never got a chance to work up a load for this gun but it shot ok with r19 and 162 amax. It also shot 180 bergers pretty well. I got groups just under .9 with a few .7 off a bipod at 100yds. I think if someone spends a little time they could find a load that shoots great.

Specs.

Post 64 winchester m70

Shillen match ss barrel 1:9 twist 25-1/2in sendero taper

Trigger set @ 2lbs

Hough stock

Gun is cerekoted in nat gear camo

Total round count is around 150 including fire forming brass. The gun is in good shape but the stock has a few small marks from hunting.

I will include about 40 loaded rounds

About 100pcs of .280 brass that is primed and ready to load and fire form.

A partial box of 140 ballistic tips

A partial box of 162 amax

Lee full lenght dies

I am not sure of the exact amount of reloading components I have but will throw in whatever I find.

I would like to get $1200 for everything but feel free to make an offer if you are interested. I might also be interested in partial trades for hunting related items.

post-843-0-07492100-1478990126_thumb.jpg

• Like 1