Sign in to follow this  
stg52165

30A

My dad and I have drawn a tag for 30A, but we have never hunted there. Anyone have any idea on areas to try, specifically areas with public access?? Any help would be swell

:rolleyes:

No E-scouting here. :rolleyes:

Call G/F and get the wildlife managers name in that area and he can probably help you. Also check the web site

and it will give you places to start.

Don't feel bad deserted, I asked the same stupid question when I joined the site and they were pretty harsh to me. Instead, tell us about yourself, how long you have hunted Whitetails and information you would like to trade on this or other units.

Anyway, welcome to the site!

Welcome, a search found this past thread.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...1&hl=cabeza

Also do a search for "skeleton canyon" and it will turn up several threads on 30A

tks for all the help guys. this will be my second coues hunt, usually we hunt mulies in 22 or 37b, but we've been hunting here for 20 years. love the diversity in AZ. second to none in my opinion in reguards to terrain difference wethere that be a good or bad thing is still yet to be determined but it sure is fun. i have found access to the skeleton canyon area by way of a friend who is from douglas, and knows the ranch owner right outside that area, so ill go a scoutin' this week and see how it turns out. ill let ya'll know what i find. thanks for the welcome and good luck to anyone on there upcoming hunts!

That Skeleton Canyon is a good area. A couple of years ago I was chasing a real nice buck in that area on the New Mexico side but he was always a step ahead of me. Good luck on your hunt.

In 30 A, there are ALOT of accesss problems. BE CAREFUL!! There are alot of wackos that will pull guns on you and/or call the sherriff on you. Especially in the Dos Cabezas. Having said that, it's a great unit for some really nice bucks.

Haven't looked at a map for years of that area but........used to be lots of deer hangin out by the fields right on the NM state line across from the Cotton City/Animas area......haven't tried to access it or hunt it for years....used to be a dang good place to hunt coyotes........maybe there isn't even any farming going on down there anymore.....

Haven't been there in years but Boss Ranch road just further NE from Douglas use to have a decent number of whities..........Are there access issues now?

Haven't been there in years but Boss Ranch road just further NE from Douglas use to have a decent number of whities..........Are there access issues now?

Yeah there are access issues there as well. A guy can still get in there but you better know what you're doing and where you're heading.

Phil