Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Morning Bow-Hunt in the Santa Ritas

Guest oneshot

Mid. 30's, clear and calm winds...

Had deer moving up into the cut I have a blind in, a lone Coues doe was about 40yds in front of me as I picked my way along the sandy/rocky bottom. I stopped on a deer trail short of my blind because I didnt want to push that Doe out.

As I waited for her to pass through the cut, a decent Coues Buck, tall, compact 8pointer with a chocolate-colored rack was walking the same trail as the Doe, about 5mins behind her... No shot... I backed out of the area...

Had a nice brew-up before I hiked-out (Classico dark roast instant)...

post-1378-0-04995400-1483829776_thumb.jpg

post-1378-0-02627400-1483829793_thumb.jpg

Guest oneshot

I still had time this afternoon to make... Sweet Yam Cobbler with roasted pecans/bisquick crust, marshmellow topping...

(Keeping the GF supplied with gooodness to distract her from the 'honey-do" list while Deer Season is active.. I say "genius-move"... Gf has another name for me (south-side-of-a-north-bound-mule....hahaha)...

post-1378-0-92551100-1483830591_thumb.jpg

You had enough muleys already? We got on a nice 4x4 this am, but couldnt put anything together on him. Made two attempts to get In front of him and cut him off but both times we were too slow and ended up running right into him and his gals. He was quite the stud cruising around with 6 does all to himself. Nearest I got to him was 140 yards.