Sign in to follow this  
More D

Where to bow hunt?

I am new to bow hunting a s of Nov. 02 and I love it! I have spent some time in the 36's , but I was wondering if any body could recommend some good spots? I don't want your honey holes or anything like that, just point me in the right direction. Finding game is part of fun but a little help would be appreciated. Info throught the azgfd.com seams more for rifle hunting? :ph34r:

I would really like to try coues, but I can even go for carp(like you guys call it)

Does coues hunting with bow mean hunting over a water hole?

Don't really matter to me a long as any body can recommmend some thing down here in southern AZ!

:ph34r:

I would reccomend the higher elevations, because it is cooler during the early archery hunt.Also because the higher elevations have some water in the tanks/creeks.I am talking about the higer elevations of units: 22,23,and 24 because I know these units.These units are so dry that where there is water there are deer.I would reccomend setting up near water but not right on water.If you can find a trail,fence, or a natural cross over going to water thats the place to be.Also you can spot and stalk Coues but it isn't easy, they won't usually stop and look back at you like a Carp does.Best of luck to you.

Travis

I HUNTED IN 35A LAST YEAR EARLY RIFLE, WE SPOTTED A LOT OF MULE DEER EAST OF PARKER CANYON LAKE IN THE SMALL CANYONS AND IN THE OPEN GRASS MEADOWS, EAST OF THE ROAD GOING SOUTH TO LOCHIEL WAS THE BEST, SOME VERY BIG BUCKS, WE SEEN SOME COUES WEST OF THERE IN THE LARGER CANYONS, I MIGHT TRY THE ARCHERY HUNT DOWN THERE THIS YEAR ALSO, THOUGH I USUALLY HUNT ARCHERY IN 17A, I HOPE I HELPED OUT

Thanks alot!! I sure will head down their as soon as the weather(heat) breaks. That is just the kind of info I was hoping for, some thing close to home and it will also help to walk & glass some new hills. :o

:)

ON A SIDE NOTE, IN THAT SAME AREA WE SPOTTED TURKEY AND JAVALINA, WE ALSO SEEN A JAGUAR THAT WE REPORTED TO GAME AND FISH, AND THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD HUNTED DOWN THERE, LOTS TO SEE