Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Ft Myers Trip

I took a trip late last week to Ft Myers and got a chance to do some fishing Friday Morning on a charter I arranged the week before. It is the off season and the target was Tarpon, Snook and Jack Crevale.

My captain was a young guy named Trevor and grew up in the area. After a few mile drive we found some huge Tarpon rolling in a canal behind some huge homes and proceeded to cast some Pinfish. Some of these Tarpon were pushing 150 pounds and then some. After a couple of agonizing hours of no strikes we headed out and I managed to hook a Snook. It headed toward the mangroves and I ended up pulling the hook trying to keep it from getting tangled.

We fished a few other spots before I was able to boat a Jack and then after breaking off another Snook I was able to get this one along side for Capt Trevor to land him for a picture. I kept no fish as I was merely chasing my bucket list. I would have kept the Snook for some fillets but the season opener was still a few days out.

post-3883-0-86227700-1488571504_thumb.jpeg

post-3883-0-84695300-1488571520_thumb.jpg

post-3883-0-60790300-1488571541_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice

I'm going back to see my son and he lives in Ruskin. I have a boat and truck parked at his house and fish cockroach bay and over by skyway bridge...

Going the end of April should be going strong with the reds and snook.

• Like 1