Sign in to follow this  
Pac8541

Who's using a Kuiu Mountainstar tent?

Looking at the 2-man version as an enclosed, floored option. The Supertarp is awesome but I need one with a floor to keep my wife involved and as an alternative for those times when it a better choice. I like that the Mountainstar has dual vestibules and doors too. If there's one thing I don't care for about the Supertarp its the fact that the only entrance requires a hands and knees crawl in/out.

Enough space for 2 like, really? I've been in "2-man tents" that weren't. It sucks.

Anyone in the east valley have one I can get a feel for before I buy?

I use the KUIU Mountain Star 2p. I love it. Let me know if you want to meet up and put your hands on it. At 3lbs 3 ounces it is an amazing tent. I love the double access points and it's extremely easy to setup. send email jayscottoutdoors@gmail.com or my cell 602-803-0223

They are coming out with a new one very soon on their Giru project site. It's been developed. Just needs to be funded. If you can wait a few months

Thanks Jay, will give you a call after I'm done at the barber with the boys.

HUNTnTAT2: I do have a couple months so I'll keep my eyes open. I thought there was a Stormstar 2P from last year but don't see it on their website.

I'm planning a trip to Whitney in CA in Aug. Doing a 60+ mile trip for my 50th with a buddy. Figure that's a good shake down run for what's ahead in the fall. 😁