HOSS....

San Carlos Rocky Mtn Bighorn 2016

I don't understand the description of the hunter as "auction tag hunter" Jim. I wasn't aware the rez auctioned off any tags. Do they have a highest bidder auction for a sheep tag each year?

Well basically the tribe had contract with SFW for 3 years to auction off elk, bighorn sheep and coues. So yes it went to the highest bidder at the show in Salt Lake City. There is no longer any auctions for big game on the Rez for now for last year was the last year of auction contract. Hope this answers your question.
Are they doing their own auction now or what? How are they selling them?

I don't understand the description of the hunter as "auction tag hunter" Jim. I wasn't aware the rez auctioned off any tags. Do they have a highest bidder auction for a sheep tag each year?

Well basically the tribe had contract with SFW for 3 years to auction off elk, bighorn sheep and coues. So yes it went to the highest bidder at the show in Salt Lake City. There is no longer any auctions for big game on the Rez for now for last year was the last year of auction contract. Hope this answers your question.
Are they doing their own auction now or what? How are they selling them?

No more auction. Just set rate/price by contacting the San Carlos game and fish department and check for availability

The tribe sells 1 rocky Mtn Bighorn and 1 desert Bighorn depending on quality/quantity and also tribal commission approvals.