Sign in to follow this  
AZRDHD

Kiabab hunt 07

Well I have put it off and put it off telling of my hunt on the Kiabab this year but here it goes. Mulie hunter and I went up on Sept 22nd and got there just in time for the rain. It rained the rest of the day and most of the night so we didn't get to hunt that day. We met up with some friends and camped/hunted with them with no success untill the Monday evening when one of our friends took a spike(12" to 14" long) off a tree stand at about 30yds. They had to leave the next day so at least one out of the two went home with something. Mulie hunter and I kept at it, working the water holes. They all seemed to come in after dark....I wonder why?. We had a close friend that his son was in the hospital with liver failure so we decide to go home early to pray for him. Our last time to hunt was Wed evening, after taking a scenic drive we were heading back to set up on the water hole when I happened to look down an old logging road and catch a glimpse of a meadow. We stopped to take a look and found lots of sign so we said, what the heck lets build blinds and stay here. Wasn't on my blind for more than 20 min before this spike walked in and gave me a shot at 30 yds.....missed like always. It ran towards Mulie hunters blind but stopped about 40 yards from me and then turned and came back to within 25-28 yds. This time the arrow hit its mark. After about a ten second dash through the forest it ran straight at me and died about 20 yds from me.post-1403-1193785101_thumb.jpg

Well congrates. ;)

Sounds like you got the first one out of the way and now you can calm down and hunt :P

Nothing wrong with that guy and I bet it tastes great.

G. , I sounded like TJhunt2 :o

Good job.

Mike