Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

Vortex Warranty!

Been putting it off but after 5 years of hard use my Kaibabs were showing their age. I sent them in hoping I might get lucky and get a new pair sent back (happened with my Nikon's). I didn't get a new set but they replaced everything except the housing and set to factory specs. Spent $27 in shipping/insurance and got back all new glass in my original housing. Less than 2 week turn around. I'm happy with that! Just thought I'd share for anyone thinking about giving new life to old glass, send em in!

• Like 3

Any more I think all optics companies are starting to go that route on warranty work simply to keep up with vortex. I recently sent in my sig kilo 2000 range finder because it wasn't ranging to there minimum spec and they sent me a sig 2200 kilo back because the 2000 is no longer in production. I have also heard of Swarovski doing similar things as well. I recently sent in an eyepiece to Swarovski so we will see how they handle it when they get to it. The 2 week turnaround is a plus tho, because sig took 5 weeks to get me a new one and Swarovski is 4-6 week out.