Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Rest upgrade

After 3 years of shooting the Whisker Biscuit, grouping and shooting really well I guess I wore it out. It started ripping fletchings off the arrows. So I finally went with a QAD Ultra Rest. One step up from the Hunter rest, easier to broad head tune since it moves up and down as well as left to right, but not micro adjustable like the HDX.

After 3 days I really like the drop away rest. Quiet and no fletching contact what so ever. I modified French Tuned the bow and re-sighted with the 20 yard pin after getting the new rest on. Groups tightened up where I am stacking 3 arrows at 30 yards, now to move out to 40. When is elk season again?

Good shooting. I'm still a whisker biscuit fan. Happy with my results, so no need to change.

And yes, elk season can't come soon enough!

Good to hear about the whisker biscuit. I just bought my son's bow from him and saw it had one on it and I was wondering about that. He can't really shoot it anymore so it just was sitting there so he wanted me to put it on here and sell it for him but I just decided to keep it since my bow is almost 30 years old.

I just need to get it setup for my since he is a lot taller than I am.

Nothing wrong with the Whisker Biscuit IMO. I think after a lot of shooting you need to replace the Whiskers. I was grouping really well with the old biscuit and just got tired of re-fletching arrows. The point when I switched was when I shot 6 arrows at the start of a shooting session and took a fletching off of each one. I would rather be shooting instead of fletching.

• Like 1