Sign in to follow this  
Trophy Taker

7mm Rem

Guest Ernesto C

Try different brands and find out which one you rifle like the best.There are several brands now days to choose just don't select barness bullets and depending what type of game you are going to hunt select your grains also.

Are you already using one in specific?

Thanks.

Ernesto C.

I have had good luck with 139 gr Hornady SPs, 140 gr Nosler BTs and Partitions. Reloader 22 has been the powder that has given me the best accuracy with bullets in the 140 gr range. That being said, each rifle is an entity unto itself. That is, what my rifle "likes" may not shoot worth a hoot out of your gun.

As always, if you are reloading, get a good manual (Speer, Nosler, etc.) and start with published starting loads, working up, keeping an eye out for pressure signs.

Good luck to you!

Ernesto C;

Say it ain't so brother! Are you telling Trophy Taker not to shoot Barnes bullets? Am I just reading this wrong? If you start trash talking my Barnes bullets I going to have to brush off my soap-box and start speechifyin'!

couesdiehard

Guest Ernesto C

Couesdiehard I'm being in vacation for the last week so I haven't read or look at the news lately;the reason I said that is because Barnes is a supporter and sponsor of Montoya,Taulman and all those so called outfitters.

Like I said if they already drop their sponsorship to U.S.Outfitters in the last week well......make your decision.

Thanks and good hunting.