Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Camo Donation Drive at Bass Pro Tuesday, Aug. 29!!!

Hey All:

Hunts for Heroes will be holding a follow-up Camo Closet event for everyone who will be out deer hunting with their bows tomorrow. We'll be taking your hunting clothing / equipment donations to be used by disabled Arizona veterans as they get out and embrace our hunting heritage! Our purple-logo'd pop-up canopy will be set up outside the EXIT DOORS at Bass Pro in Mesa this coming Tuesday afternoon/evening, Aug., 29.

Hours: 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.

What to donate: new and lightly used camouflage clothing, boots & access. (packs, knives, optics, game bags, etc. - just not junk) and COLD WEATHER clothing, insulated boots, insulated gloves/knit caps (cold weather stuff doesn't have to be camo).

Call me with any questions: (480)760-3868

NOTE: If you're in town tomorrow (Saturday), I'll be at Healy Arms in Tempe to take your donations from 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.!

Thanks to all those who've already let us they know they'll be getting involved!

Like the saying goes, "be there or be ..."

• Like 1

A couple disabled vets and I will be at Bass Pro tomorrow --- great opportunity to help outfit Arizona vets who put it all on the line for all of us. Elk season is just 2 weeks away --- let's make it happen! And if you want to get involved with an actual Hunts for Heroes hunt, stop by and let's talk ...

Hey guys, just wanted to bring this back to the top. Tom (Lv2hnt) is down at Bass Pro now taking your camo, clothing, and gear donations for our vets.

This is a fantastic cause! All the camo, clothes, and gear will be used by our vets who may not have, but need these items on their hunts. Your donations will continue to grow the Hunts for Heroes closet, and will be reused many times over. Nothing goes to the volunteers, vets only.

If you have some stuff you have been thinking of selling, why not donate it to our vets? Tom can also provide you with a receipt for your donation.

Additionally, let me know if you have something to donate, but can't make it to Bass Pro today. My office is just a couple of miles from Bass Pro. I would be happy to collect items any weekday and my office (or home in Queen Creek) and I will make sure that it all gets to Tom.

• Like 1