Sign in to follow this  
Brandon

Straight or Angled?

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Nikon Spotting Scope and I haven't decided btwn straight or angled? I've always had straight in the past but I wanted to hear some opinions from people that use angled. Thanks!

My Swaro is angled.

I went with it because it is easier on my neck.

the two draw backs are:

Harder to find a object and

you have to adjust the height of the tripod

between Binos and Scope.

I would be nice to be able to switch between Binos and Spotter

and the spotter should be real close to the object you wanted a closer look at.

Mike

i personally like straight but if your buddies are looking thru the scope a lot its esier with the angled, you just lean outta the way and they can look. Also if you use it a lot to at the rifle range to check groups angled is nice b/c you can have the scope/ tripod outta the way and lean over to look thru it. im currently workin on mounting my glasses and spotting sope together on the same head looking at the same object, so when i find something in my glasses i can look through my spotting scope and size it ip w/o the trouble of removing glasses, finding object again ect.

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Nikon Spotting Scope and I haven't decided btwn straight or angled? I've always had straight in the past but I wanted to hear some opinions from people that use angled. Thanks!

Angled scopes are preffered when glassing uphill alot. It is easier to look at an upward angle through an angled scope. It enables you to have a good position over the eyepiece while the objective is higher than your eyepiece. Otherwise the straight would be more usefull, downhill, or level IMO.

I have the Swaro angled and the Nikon ED angled and prefer them over the straight. It just feels more comfortable to me to just let my head hang down over the scope than to try and get lined up behind it. Goto a place where you can sit and try both of them and then make your decision. David