Outdoor Writer

My New Girlfriend

Tony,

I have always had labs (yellow) and love them.I had never heard of silvers either.

Noel

Noel,

I didn't either until last week. Then I googled them and found out a bunch. BUT...now that she's with me, she sure looks like she has some Weimie in her even though I saw her AKC papers. Of course, makes no diff to me since papers are about as important to me as antler measurements. ;)

I wanted a canine companion, and that's what I got. I picked her up two hours ago, and we went shopping for her crate, a doggie door and other assorted goodies. She behaved super. I folded up the rear seat in my Quad cab and she just laid on the floor wherever we went. In the store, she was the perfect lady. When we got home, she investigated the house, and now she's lying next to me on the floor.

So did you find a copy of RM G&F?? -TONY

Tony,

I went to the Frys in Surprise and they had the magazine,but it was still the Nov. issue.So I guess I will wait until they get the Dec. ones.

Noel

I just got my subscription copy last week. I think the newsstands get them about two weeks later. Incidentally, I noticed today that my editor screwed up by using "Photo Couresy of Tony Mandile." When I sent it, I DID tell him it was courtesy of you. Sorry for that. :( -TONY

Scott,

So far, Sasha has been super. Her obedience training is a lot farther along than what we thought. She does well with sit, down, stay and walks very calmly on her leash with no tugging. She even ignores the cats that frequent the backyard.

So far, the only drawback with her is her desire to follow me anywhere I go. She's lying next on the floor next to me as I type this. :lol:

I was wondering about the house. Have you started it yet? -TONY

Thats the best trait about Labs. They just want to help you with anything if you train them to do so.I have my yellow female trained to (and I hope this doesn't upset anybody) bring me beers from a icechest or a refrigerator, I just cant get her to close the lids or doors yet. Its crazy you can put any amount of different sodas in there and one Bud-Light and BOOYA every time with the beer.With her soft mouth never a hole ,just a little slobber. Thats why they are such good law inforcement dogs. She also brings the groceries in from the truck to the kitchen. Anything you want to train them to do,they just want to help.

Thats the best trait about Labs. They just want to help you with anything if you train them to do so.I have my yellow female trained to (and I hope this doesn't upset anybody) bring me beers from a icechest or a refrigerator, I just cant get her to close the lids or doors yet. Its crazy you can put any amount of different sodas in there and one Bud-Light and BOOYA every time with the beer.With her soft mouth never a hole ,just a little slobber. Thats why they are such good law inforcement dogs. She also brings the groceries in from the truck to the kitchen. Anything you want to train them to do,they just want to help.

Hmmm interesting, Elmer. I wonder if I can get Sasha to stucco the outside of my house. :rolleyes: -TONY