Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Volunteer help need for Unit 9 cow elk hunt Oct. 20

Hunts for Heroes has 2 disabled Arizona veterans assigned to 2 donated tags for the Oct. 20 (this coming Friday) rifle cow hunt in Unit 9. These 2 vets are really looking forward to getting away from the city and spending a few days in Arizona's great outdoors. We had an experienced volunteer (and his friend) who was going to be the "guide" for this hunt, but he's had to bow out unexpectedly.

I'm reaching out to CWT to see if any of you might be free this coming weekend to help 2 Arizona vets put some meat in the freezer? Ideally for Thursday - Sunday, but at this late date we'd be happy for any/all days we could get. We don't have to worry about how big the rack is on this hunt --- just have to find a couple of well-nourished cows who'd be willing to go home in ice chests.

Anyone??? You'll have a great time, guaranteed ...

You can call me: (480)760-3868

• Like 2

I can help saturday and sunday if someone is willing to tell me where to go in unit 9 I have never hunted there. I would also be willing to help anyone else that is willing to help that knows 9.

Jim, thanks so much for replying! Please give me a call: (480)760-3868. Brian, I'd like to talk to you too ...

FYI, we could still use some help with this hunt. We have hunt location identified (easy to get to), but more bodies in camp would be a plus! Good food provided, just bring yourself and your own tent, cot, etc. Let's get these vets some meat in the freezer!