Sign in to follow this  
browtine

teenager bow drawlength question.

Hey guys just trying to see what u have had good luck with. My son is 14 6' and lanky. His draw is at 28" now and although he would love to pull 70# he's at about 40.lol I know he's going to grow and fill out a lot the next few years and I don't plan on buying him a high end bow till maybe high school graduation.

At 6 foot I bet his draw is longer that 28. Take him to a bow shop and see what he can draw. But at his size he needs an adult bow.

• Like 2

Hey guys just trying to see what u have had good luck with. My son is 14 6' and lanky. His draw is at 28" now and although he would love to pull 70# he's at about 40.lol I know he's going to grow and fill out a lot the next few years and I don't plan on buying him a high end bow till maybe high school graduation.

So I got him the bear cruzer g2. It's a very good looking bow. So I measured him and got 28.5. That's his wing span devided by 2.5. The bow was set at 26 it looked a lil short but when I moved it to 27 his nock ends up behind his ear. Does a 1" adjustment ushally move your draw point that much? Thank u in advanced for any help.

Ralph.