Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

UFC's Matt Hughes

Pride fighters are just a different style of fighting. When you're in a cage, the style is more agressive, and you learn to use the cage as a weapon. It takes a long time to get used to. When you're in a Pride style ring you fight differently. The Pride guys can train for a few months in a cage but it takes longer than that to learn to fight that style. Thats why you can have a guy like Forrest Griffin beat Shogun, when anyone who knows mma can tell you that shogun is better by far. Plus you got the popularity factor of the UFC and nerves that always play a factor.

Mikep- Not trying to start anything just curious how fighting in a cage makes you more aggressive when it seems that when you watch a pride fight it's a lot more aggressive then a UFC fight. I completely agree with you on the nerve factor though.

I really wanna see crazy horse fight in UFC, that guy is a nut win or lose it's fun to watch him fight lol

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt crazy horse already fight in UFC? Wasnt he a "hired gun" and he got whooped by some guy whos name I cant even remember? If its who im thinking about, that guy didnt do a dang thing to impress me.

I was very disapointed with Mirko Crocop's debut in UFC. He got a taste of his own medicine and I thought the dude was dead for a minute with how limp he went!

Guest 300ultramag.

UFC over pride..... yeah right... At least anderson is holding it up....

shogun is fifty times griffin as well as silva to chuck

Just got a thing in the mail saying that rage in the cage will be on tv now as well.

I have not and will not read a word of this thread

But it just blows me away that there are 4 pages

of this on a hunting forum.

I do not watch TV but maybe an hour a week

while I am eating dinner and my wife has it on

And what I see in that hour STINKS.

I am not putting any of you guys down but this just blows my mind.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't care to find out what it is.

Mike :unsure:

By the way, I likely will not see your reply to my post

Mikep- Not trying to start anything just curious how fighting in a cage makes you more aggressive when it seems that when you watch a pride fight it's a lot more aggressive then a UFC fight. I completely agree with you on the nerve factor though.

I really wanna see crazy horse fight in UFC, that guy is a nut win or lose it's fun to watch him fight lol

You can use the cage to your advantage. Thats why you'll see guys take someone down and press them up against the cage and there is a whole strategy to using the cage. With the ring you can't do that and you don't have to work on being up against the cage. Plus you add in the elbows and it changes a whole game. And crazy horse fought another guy named heath something or other and lost by decision, and then almost knocked out Nogiera and ended up losing the fight. The guy is definitely intense though.

If they are both so superior, why did they BOTH loose?>

Didnt Chuck beat Silva a few years back as well?

Guest 300ultramag.
I have not and will not read a word of this thread

But it just blows me away that there are 4 pages

of this on a hunting forum.

I do not watch TV but maybe an hour a week

while I am eating dinner and my wife has it on

And what I see in that hour STINKS.

I am not putting any of you guys down but this just blows my mind.

Maybe I am missing something but I don't care to find out what it is.

Mike :unsure:

By the way, I likely will not see your reply to my post

funny how a political question on the forum doesnt blow his mind..... which is driven by television is it not?

but a rant about an up and coming sport does.. I dont watch TV but I dont miss a GSP fight or a Pride debut in the UFC..

If they are both so superior, why did they BOTH loose?>

Didnt Chuck beat Silva a few years back as well?

Thats the great thing about this sport, ANYONE can win on any given night. Chuck and Silva have never fought, but they were going to 2 decembers ago, but I they didn't because of some contract issues between Pride and UFC. Its funny how someone isn't interested in a subject can come on this thread and badmouth it and everyone on here who likes it, but how many threads have come up on this site that have nothing to do with hunting and you don't see people pissing and moaning that other people are talking about it. Get over it. If you don't like it don't read.

The reason of the post was posted in the first post of the posts. :lol:

It is Matt hughes holding a great deer that is not a coues buck. That is why it is on a hunting forum. Now it is a group of guys that like the sport of Prize fighting,boxing,wresteling, And MMA. talking about the sport. It does have everything to do with us a s a group of coues deer hunters. It shows that we can be a tighter group of people than just hunters. I do not want to see it turn into a Pride vs UFC thing though. Because to me they are both MMA and i like them both. :P

CouesAZ, I agree, both organizations and the fighters in them are great. (Well they are one and the same now) And I would put my money on it that every pride fighter coming into the UFC will do MUCH better on their second fight ;) And I can't wait to see Dan Henderson fight Anderson Silva. Those are two bad mofos!

Ah, haven't been paying much attention to this thread. I see it turned into a PRIDE>UFC, UFC>PRIDE thread..go to sherdog.com if you really want your head to explode over this stupid argument..............

Guest 300ultramag.
Ah, haven't been paying much attention to this thread. I see it turned into a PRIDE>UFC, UFC>PRIDE thread..go to sherdog.com if you really want your head to explode over this stupid argument..............

Ouch its a stupid argument....... :lol: Im sure u liked the XFL better then the NFL too........... or arena football

I would reference the National league and the American league as the same ARGUMENT! Does that make

a million baseball fans argument wrong to say there league/organization is better than the latter........G