cjl2010

Help with Coues and Barbary sheep

Hey guys. Im hoping I can get some help/opinions on Coues units and Barbary units. We mostly hike in a few miles and stay a few nights. Not looking for honey holes just looking to start putting in for NM and not too sure what units are what. Looking for a Coues unit with plenty of public land and plenty of deer. Same thing with Barbary just a good non resident unit with plenty of public land and opportunitys. I am not looking for trophy units. Thank you guys very much.

Sent you a PM on Coues, as far as Barbary the majority of the herd is in the SE part of the state with a lot of private land. If you want to buy a year round tag look at Water Canyon over by Grants and Mount Taylor or Largo Canyon up by Farmington. There is a reason they are year round tags as there are some but not many sheep over there but small pockets of sheep if you take the time to find them.

thank you guys for all the help so far. I see that you have to pay in full up front. On average, how long does the draw take and how long until refunds are issued? thanks

The draw results will be April 25th but last year we got e-mails a week or two before the official results. I have no idea on how long refunds will take. I would guess no later than 2 weeks after the draw results. Maybe the first week of May would be my guess.

• Like 1