huntz

AAE max Hunter’s

I’ve been thinking about making the switch to AAE max hunters. Has anybody use these? Should I just stay blazers?

This year I have been stripping down my setups to see if I have been chasing fads or "sexy" and not using what works... I have been using the Max Hunters for 5 years...I think I got them for free or something... Anyway, I fletched for AAE 4 inch lower profile vanes and I was surprised how loud the Max Hunters were compared to the other 4 inchers.. I think it is because the materials are much stiffer. 

The 4 inchers steer my broadheads just as well.  I am switching back...

BUT you should test... See what works for you...

• Thanks 1

I have been using the AAE Max hunter vanes for a bunch of years.   My wife was shooting gold tips with gold tip vanes.   Shot OK until we put a broadhead on the arrow.   Then all heck broke loose.......Kind of expected it.   Fletched her arrows with 4 fletch helicol AAE max hunters.   Her groups tighted up and the fixed blade slick trick head flew right into her field point group.   Then switched her to the easton full metal jacket arrows with the same fletching system.......What a differnce!!!!!!  I like the higher profile vane to stabilize the arrow a bit better.   The stiffer material will also help stabilize the arrow better.   Give them a try and I think you will like them.   Worse that could happen is you get to try another vane if these don't work.   I haven't seen them not work when we use a 4 fletch helicol............except one time a buddy wanted to shoot a HUGE fixed blade broadhead.    Then it took 6 vanes.   Long story but it worked.    

• Thanks 1