NOFX

My 2007 Rifle hunt

Im new to the forum, hopefully I can post some pics. This is my 4th coues, progressively getting bigger. Cant wait till next season.

post-2335-1201677197_thumb.jpg

post-2335-1201676972_thumb.jpg

Definitely better than my last coues

post-2335-1202879903.jpg

Great buck! Congrats!..............now wheres the story?! :P

Short story: We glassed him up the night before the early hunt started about 700 yds away. My only goal was to shoot a bigger buck than last year, and this one filled the bill as my last buck was a little 3 point. So spent the next 4 days looking for that one, or possibly a bigger one. I passed on a forkie and a spike, other than that only does. Monday night, about 30 minutes before dark I glassed him up at about 480 yds. Now I know that for some of you sharp shooters its a chip shot, but that is out of my comfortable range. I quickly closed the gap to about 150 yds, put the cross hairs on em and click, safety on. I quickly took the safety off and fired. The buck dropped where he stood. There was some ground shrinkage but I couldnt be happier.

DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP THAT IS ONE NICE DEER. CONGRATS.

Trust me, Im not beating myself up. Its by far the biggest coues Ive shot, and I had a great time. Like I said earlier, I was only going for a bigger than last year buck. So mission accomplished.

Nice buck! What hunt did you have? I don't see the ground shrinkange... more pictures!

I had the October hunt. He looked quite a-bit bigger through the glass, though I wasnt disappointed when I found him. Most all my field pictures are terrible. Camera was el-cheapo disposable.

I had the October hunt as well and when i was looking at my buck i thought he was a bit bigger than he turned out to be. Still my best coues to date so i'm happy!

post-1676-1201908015_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments. I had a great time on this hunt. My group bagged 3 bucks with six tags, so it was a very successful hunt. Although, we didn't see any really mature bucks. In fact, my buck was the largest we saw. We have been hunting this spot for about the last 4 yrs and I think that it may be time to scout out some new areas.

On another note, Ive tried my hand at bow hunting this January. I did have a close call with a 100 class buck, but I have a ton of respect for those that get it done with a bow. Fun stuff but very frustrating. Those bucks were winding me left and right.