Sign in to follow this  
Craigooo

Antlerless cow tag in 6b Arizona

I have walked and scouted so many miles. If anyone has any pointers on where to take a look, I sure would appreciate it.

I pushed a few off of Dutton Hill, but can’t seem to ever be in the right area up there that isn’t so dense I can’t take a shot. 

I went to sycamore canyon but with the snow in there I have no idea how I would carry an elk out. 

Im feeling frustrated and really don’t want to go home empty handed, but I’m running out of gas. Thanks for any insight! 

Tough hunt, probably the hardest I have ever been on.  Put my wife in for that hunt twice when she was first starting out, because it was easy to draw.  There is a reason why it's easy to draw.  Once it freezes, the elk disappear.  The only elk we saw on that hunt were in LO Pocket.  After those two miserable experiences, I told her I was putting her in for a hunt where it would take longer to get drawn.  But if she got drawn, I knew she could kill an elk.  I hated to admit defeat, but felt like I was wasting my time.  Good luck.

sent msg