Edge

Hey hunters, $20K reward *update*

I've found a few plane crashes over the years.  Each one has been VERY small.  I mean the area that the wreckage was spread out over was small.  If the plane crashed and burned it may be VERY difficult to find.  The other possibility is it landed in one of the lakes.  Landing in a lake and not been seen seems very unlikely, but possible.  It will be very interesting to see where it's found if ever.

So I've been doing some mapping in that area on OnX and found out the approximate location is in the closed section on the maps from the white mountain apache recreation maps. Does anyone have any information on that? If there is permits or anything?

38 minutes ago, azpatrick93 said:

So I've been doing some mapping in that area on OnX and found out the approximate location is in the closed section on the maps from the white mountain apache recreation maps. Does anyone have any information on that? If there is permits or anything?

They had the area closed for hazardous fire conditions when the plane went down. They may have kept it closed to prevent nontribal members from searching. 

Ps, the reward is up to $40K last time I was in contact with the planes owner.

ok so should I contact the tribe about permits to hike this area or? My hunting partner and I have planned a couple weekends out after the snow melt to where we could get up there and look but if we cant even search for it legally, It would kinda defeat the purpose. 

I don't speak for the tribe but it would appear they believe if the plane landed on their rez, it's now their property or maybe they are after the reward?

I believe if you were to mention you are interested in looking for the plane, you'd be denied permission to look even in open areas of the rez.

The planes owner wants gps coordinates of the wreckage sight. You may not necessarily need boots on the ground for that (hint) depending on the condition of the craft.

You are going fishing along Bonita, Pacheta, Hurricane and Reservation creeks. Buy a daily fishing permit and take along a fly rod. There used to be a closure in some areas for apache trout reproduction but I think it might have changed because I don't see it in the current fishing regulations any more. 

• Like 1