Sign in to follow this  

a new one

if it turns into a constant huntable population and doesnt cause livestock problems im all for it. something more to shoot at

lol, koolaid huh, i see more "hunter opportunity" :rolleyes:

pepe,

Look just to the east of you in the New Mexico pan handle. They brought in the same critter to what used to be the Grey Ranch which is now an animal wildlife conservatory or something to that affect.........you can't hunt anything down there and I bet them prarie dogs are getting fat.....

I really hope they dont do it. There only viable arguments are that they will be brought back to their natural territory and they will provide food for owls, eagles, etc.

It is noted that the extermination of these creatures was from extensive poisoning. My first thought is those people poisoning them, whether its ethically right is your opinion, werent doing it for fun. they were spending hard earned dollars and much time to getting rid of these things. So if they wanted em out so bad i gotta conclude that they were not doing a whole lot of good for the area.

Just my .02 dollars...

What is funny, is if you read about some of the other re-intro programs, they had to bring ferretts in to control the prarie dogs and in turn had problems with the ferrets killing peoples pets and stuff like that.........serious case going around in circles....